Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Is There Not A Cause?

I am starting out with something heavy. Commitment. How come it is so hard to grasp what this word involves? Why is it so much easier to let go, than to hold on for dear life. When speaking of marriage, I am disappointed by the quick to marry, quick to divorce people. It is a VOW!! Not many things in life take a vow to create. Some take signatures, or a quick, "Sure I can do that," but not a vow! Is that person worth a little effort? Are you? There are days when I could just run, just run and run until my legs give out, away from problems, away from life, but what a crazy thought! I honestly have the means, not many people do, to easily get a job far away with little effort, like Hawaii or Alaska. I am a nurse. But I have 3 beautiful children and a great family, so isn't it worth a little stress? Yes, it is. A while ago, we had a missionary come to our church and preach about David and Goliath. We church people know this story well, but he brought out something to me that day I had never  seen before ( The Word is that way.) He emphasized the phrase David said, "Is there not a cause?" Sure I have to fight a giant! But is there not a cause? A worthy reward? I just asked myself the same question, "Is it worth fighting for?" This life I have found myself in, my family I am blessed with? I had no hesitation in my answer, so I knew, it is worth it. Sometimes we can't see past the hurt and pain, and see the person hurting us as a human being that may be hurting too. Pray, pray for them. God tells us to love our enemies. Whoa, that means if we feel they have become our enemy, love them anyway!! Can't get out of that one so fast can we? Certainly there are situations that call for a different plan, like abuse, no one should accept abuse. But if things are just broken and seem unfixable, consider, "Is there not a cause?" 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful thought. And I couldn't be more excited about your blog! I get to get into your head again! :) Love you more than words can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true! And you exemplify that quality! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My precious Annette, how I miss the long talks we use to have. Such profound things that you always seem to come by so effortlessly. My two girls have grown up and made me so very proud. I am honored to have been a small part in the lives of you and Jennifer. You both make my heart swell with pride. I love you more than words can say. I want to see you SOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!

    ReplyDelete