Thursday, April 19, 2012

Island vs. Real Life

Well, here I am again, haven't written in a while :( Guess I have been too busy, sound familiar? Life's like that, I know. But it really gets to be too much sometimes. I have worked too much lately, and I wish I could take a sabbatical......I don't think my boss would like that very much, not sure my landlord would either....but sometimes.... I just need a break..... from responsibilites....I know, not gonna happen, but I can dream....when I'm sleeping....which by the way...... is a waste!!! Why can't we dream while we're awake? I mean, that would be awesome...or inception?! Not sure which....But I want to live on an island.....far away from traffic, rent, phone bills, INSURANCE....don't get me started on insurance. But.....even on my breathtaking island....there would be worries.........I know....sounds crazy, but think about it. You would have to get up, everyday, and look for food, find something to clothe you, something to cover you, something to protect you from island animals, insects, volcanoes, storms....sometimes, the worries of an island may even  be more than the worries we face in our own little world. When I dream of island life, I rarely think of those things......I have a pina colada in one hand, and a good book in the other...life is good...but truly, life IS good, right here where I am.....do I have troubles? Yes, many, but I have so much to be thankful for.
Making the best of what we have, being thankful, content, that is the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment