Thursday, November 10, 2011

Isabel's Return

I'm sure I was dedicated as a child. I certainly don't remember, but I bet I was dressed in white, with a little bonnet on my bald head.(Not so bald anymore) I just wanted to take the time to thank my parents for returning me to my creator. It may seem like a small gesture of faith, but I think it's a big deal. God thought enough of it to test Abraham through Isaac. Are we really willing to follow through on dedication? In the past 7 years, I have fallen short on my end of the deal, since the birth of my first son. We pray every night, we go to church every chance we have, we read scriptures together, but sometimes my example hasn't been "what Jesus would do." In spite of me, and my shortcomings, my son Isaac received the Holy Ghost Sunday, Novemmber the 6th, 2011. I felt such elation, my heart swelled within me. We have done SOMEthing right! It was such a motivation in my own spiritual life. I am ashamed that I have let cares of this life deter me from the path I set out to follow. I do try, though, to let my children know, I am not perfect, and that we ALL need forgiveness. Maybe showing some weakness is good, at least they don't feel like they have to be perfect, only forgiven. Dedication to me is a promise, a promise to love them, and show them how to get to heaven to the best of our ability. I truly cannot express how much I love them. It is indescribable, no match for words can I find. And with that being said, God loves us even more than that. So we must let Him know, let Him know we trust Him with our most prized posessions, our hearts.
Isabel, I love you, you have been a sweet dream that I never have to awake from. And God loves you, too. Always follow Him, and you will never fail to meet my approval. Success, to me, is always trusting, believing, and serving God. I pray you find Him early, and NEVER let go. But, if you ever do let go, always return, He will be waiting. Heaven is real, and it's worth every sacrifice.

1 comment:

  1. I love your title to this blog post, Annette. Beautiful thoughts as well! When we were in Oxford, I wrote a song for a baby dedication, not sure if you were there at that time or not. It kind of summarizes my thoughts on it, the chorus is:
    "Lord, we give to You today, this little life of pure perfection,
    And we bow our heads and pray,
    Her heart will mirror Your reflection,
    Lord, we dedicate this life, in the name of Jesus Christ,
    Heaven's perfect gift, today, we give to You."

    I wish I could have been there to watch Isaac speak in tongues, or to stand with you as Isabel was dedicated. I hate missing those milestones with you. But I'm there in heart, and I celebrate these things with you across the miles. Because nothing can separate friendship, not even hours worth of driving.

    ReplyDelete